This paper introduces the problems you should pay attention to in making ink-jet printing patterns from six aspects: the resolution of ink-jet printing patterns, the selection of pattern scanning resolution, color correction of ink-jet printing patterns, the establishment of scanner characteristic files, and the de anilox treatment:
- Resolution of inkjet printing pattern: the resolution of the digital inkjet printing pattern is expressed in pixels. Ink jet printing requires lower pattern resolution than desktop printers, generally up to 100dpi/in, and at least not less than 72dpi/in. For some pictures downloaded from the Internet, the pixels can not meet this requirement, so it is difficult to obtain the ideal inkjet printing effect.
- Selection of pattern scanning resolution: when scanning inkjet printing patterns, the selection of scanning resolution is very important. The higher the resolution is, the richer the layers are, but the larger the resolution is, the better. The higher the resolution, the longer the scanning time, and the lower the efficiency of image processing; The resolution should not be too small, otherwise the image level loss is large and the quality cannot be guaranteed. The determination of scanning resolution can generally refer to the following formula: scanning resolution = 2 × Number of network cables for artwork × Magnification of the artwork. For example, the size of an original is 12cm × 18cm, now it needs to be scaled up 5 times to 60cm × 90cm, the number of network cables in the picture is 150lpi (Lineperinch), then the required scanning resolution should be 2 × one hundred and fifty × 5＝1500dpi。 The number of screen wires for textile fabrics is generally below 100lpi; The high-end picture books and magazines are more than 150lpi.
- Color correction of inkjet printing pattern: color experts discuss color around people’s visual psychology. The color difference that people feel is the level. The richer the color difference is, the more it adapts to people’s discrimination ability, the stronger the stereoscopic sense of the picture that people feel, and the more beautiful the color is. Scanning is the first step that affects color restoration. Attention should be paid to the color correction of patterns.
- Create a scanner’s characteristic file: the scanner’s characteristic file is used to define the true color of the scanned image. Generally, the scanner comes with its own characteristic file. In order to make the color of the scanned image more realistic, it is necessary to further calibrate the scanner to get a new characteristic file. In addition, some software can specify the ink-jet printing machine to print the image file of the calibration scanner, then use the colorimeter to measure the color data, and then scan and input the printed calibration map through the scanner, and obtain the characteristic file after calibration. The color levels of printed manuscripts can be adjusted by using the characteristic files of the scanner.
- Remove traces: the cloth pattern on the textile surface and the “turtle pattern” on the printed matter will affect the quality of the artwork. In order to remove these textures, the descreen instruction in the inner scan option can be used for de texturing. In the de texturing option, the smaller the value you enter, the more obvious the de texturing effect will be, but at the same time, the image will become more blurred. Therefore, the parameters for removing the trace should be determined according to the type of the original. If it is a photograph or a transmission film, it is not necessary to remove the traces.