The nozzle of the UV printer for wine bottles and wine boxes is composed of many small nozzles, and the size of the ink-jet hole is similar to that of dust particles. If dust, small debris, etc. enter the nozzle, the nozzle will be blocked. At the same time, it is easy to make the nozzle panel contaminated by ink, which will eventually lead to poor ink spraying. Therefore, the maintenance of the UV printer nozzle of a wine bottle and wine box is very important.
The following points should be achieved in daily maintenance:
- Do not remove the nozzle from the host or place it separately, especially in a state of high temperature and low humidity. If placed for a long time, the water contained in the ink will gradually evaporate, and the dried-up ink will lead to nozzle blockage. If the nozzle is blocked, clean it. If the cleaning fails, replace the nozzle with a new one.
- Avoid touching the nozzle surface with fingers or tools. Keep the nozzle surface from being damaged or blocked by sundries and oil. Don’t blow to the nozzle, and don’t stick sweat, oil, or drugs (alcohol) on the nozzle, which will cause changes in the composition and viscosity of the ink, causing the ink to solidify and block. Do not wipe the nozzle surface with face paper, lens paper, cloth, etc.
- It is best not to turn off the power when the UV printer of the wine bottle and wine box is in the printing process. Turn the printer to the off-line state first, turn off the power after the nozzle cap, and finally unplug the plug. Otherwise, for some types of printers, the printer cannot perform the capping operation, and the exposure of the nozzle to dry air will cause the ink to dry up.
If the nozzle of a UV printer of the wine bottle and wine box is blocked, the nozzle needs to be cleaned. The method is as follows:
Cleaning UV printer nozzle
- Software cleaning: automatic cleaning through the maintenance function in the printer driver;
- Ink pumping and cleaning: when the ink cart is in the initial position, use the needle cylinder and hose to connect to the waste ink pipe to extract about 5ml of ink. Do not make the inner cylinder of the needle cylinder rebound, which will cause color mixing of each nozzle. In the process of ink pumping, if the nozzle protector is not tightly sealed, you can gently move the ink cart by hand to ensure the good sealing of the nozzle and nozzle protector. Wash the software after ink extraction.
- Injection and pumping cleaning: remove the ink cart, pull out the ink bag, connect the syringe containing cleaning fluid with the ink column of the nozzle with a hose, push and pump back with appropriate pressure until the nozzle sprays a complete fine line vertically.
- Print cleaning: use “nozzle cleaner” to replace the ink that has blocked the nozzle, and use vector graphics software to print the color block of this color until the nozzle blockage is removed, and then replace it with the original ink.
Maintenance of UV printer nozzle
If the UV printer nozzle needs to be idle for a long time after being used, professional maintenance methods and steps should be carried out for the nozzle:
- Disassemble the nozzle from the UV printer in the correct way, and clean the residual ink stains;
- Thoroughly clean the nozzle with nozzle cleaner;
- Inject a special nozzle maintenance agent into each ink column of the nozzle;